For the challenge, artists and vidders sign up to read a > 20 000 word Housefic and create drawings, illustrations, photomanips, or a vid to accompany the story.
The Artists' Portion of the challenge begins on February 16, and we are accepting artist sign-ups until February 15. After artists choose the story they'd like to work with, they will have one month, from February 25 through March 25, to create their art.
Challenge Rules for Artists and Vidders
1. You agree to create at least one piece of art or a vid to accompany one of the Big Bang stories.
2. Art can be of any type you wish: orginal illustration, cover art, photo manip, vid.
3. Art or Vid can be of any rating you choose, provided that it is not more than one rating higher than your chosen fic. For instance, if your fic is G, gen, you cannot make shippy art or rate higher than PG-13.
4. You will be able to post your artwork or vid at your livejournal or site one week after the challenge goes live. We will host your art at house_bigbang.
5. Art and vids may not be posted unlocked anywhere on the web, in whole or in part, before April 1, 2008. Posting to betas or regular small audiencing groups is excepted, but keep the numbers down.
1. You must sign up by February 15, 2009, when writers' stories are due.
2. On February 16 a list of story titles and summaries will be posted for you to claim as prompts on a first come, first served basis. Once you have claimed a prompt, you will be given the author's name and you will be able to review the story draft for additional inspiration.
3. The due date for completed artwork/vids is March 25, 2010. You must provide us with either a live link to the art or vid, or the art file itself in a photobucket compatible format.
4. Your art or vid will be included on the House Big Bang livejournal community starting April 1, 2010.
If you have more questions, you can read the Big Bang FAQ HERE, or contact the mods at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can sign up as an artist HERE.